What is Request Network?
Request Network is a protocol for storing payment requests.
Request Network is a protocol for storing payment requests. It solves the core problem: that blockchain transactions lack context for why the transactions occurred.
In addition to solving this core problem, it aims to:
- Break down silos of financial data
- Enable everyone to own their financial data
- Enable unprecedented use cases
Request Protocol stores the information needed by businesses to run their finances on-chain while maintaining compliance and privacy. Proving their financial activity on-chain unlocks a unique opportunity for companies to acquire income-backed services like loans, insurance, or fundraising. Moreover, it paves the way for automatic auditing, triple-entry accounting, and automatic tax reporting.
Users share payment requests securely via a standard, immutable storage medium. It enables a global cooperative financial system where people and organizations fully control their financial data and choices.
Over the past 6 years, Request Network has grown to be the largest decentralized database of payment requests. Its payment infrastructure supports a wide variety of payment types across over 20 EVM-compatible chains and NEAR.
Request Network is well suited to build many types of financial applications.
Below, you can see a map of the builders we imagine that renewed transparent financial system to have, all using Request Protocol as a foundation for their users to have the privacy, security, and data ownership they deserve.
Request Network Builders Map
- Payment applications: wallets and payment modules benefit from the infrastructure provided, including payment requests and invoice creation, which leads to secure, fast, and easy transfers. The builders offer the protocol many transactions and new invoice data. They also provide users with fast, safe, and user-friendly payments that automatically create invoices that can be managed in builders dealing with invoicing applications.
- Invoicing applications: invoice, billing, and expenses apps benefit from the infrastructure provided, including payment requests and invoice creation, and the ecosystem that provides payment systems that can easily integrate with their platforms. They can offer extra features to their users, provide integrations with automatic audits and tax reports, and integrate with accounting apps in the protocol. These builders provide the protocol with recurring invoices data, easy connection to risk assessment and financial services, and easy entrance to lenders, insurance, and other risk-associated services. They also provide users with user-friendly applications to create, pay, and manage invoices and related services.
- Accounting applications benefit from the infrastructure provided, including payment requests and invoice creation, and the ecosystem that provides payment systems that can easily integrate with their platforms. They can offer extra features to their users, provide integrations with automatic audits and tax reports, and integrate with billing applications. These builders provide the protocol with recurring invoices, financial statement data, more specific data from client finances, and easy connection to risk assessment and financial services. They also provide users with user-friendly applications to create, pay, and manage their finances and related services.
- Risk assessment, credit scores, and reputation services benefit from the ecosystem that provides them with detailed data from clients’ finances and easy access to new clients from invoicing and accounting companies that want to use lenders, insurance, and other risk-related services. They provide the protocol with credit analysis, useful for the companies mentioned above, and a clear and transparent rating of clients’ finances to users.
- Lenders, insurance, and other services associated with risk benefit from the infrastructure that creates invoices as NFTs so payments can be associated with them. They can integrate with invoicing and accounting applications, provide integrations with automatic audits and tax reports, and offer new financial services data to other financial systems providers. These builders provide the protocol with new users for risk assessment, credit scores and reputation services, and extra services/features to the invoicing and accounting apps.
- Auditing, tax reporting, and compliance services benefit from the infrastructure that allows triple-entry accounting, which enables them to do automatic and real-time accounting, tax reporting, and compliance. They can integrate with billing and accounting applications and provide new, ongoing data to other financial systems providers and risk assessment. These builders provide users with cheap, automatic, real-time audits, tax reports, financial statements, etc.
Surely, many other companies fit in our protocol we just don't know it yet. But if you have any suggestions we are here to listen to them.